Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mixing MixingExt JS GridPanel, JQuery and C#

Well it's been a while since I've last posted. What have I been doing? Not much to be honest, being busy at home and busy at work... oh and sleeping :)

However I finally got a comment on one of my posts, Budget App - Part 2 : Introducing WCF Into The Picture (yay!) asking for an insight into the UI. This would be have been even more exciting had I not know who the anonymous commenter was. Rob!

Anyhow, when I started this budget app I set out with the intent of using the DevExpress ASP.Net control set. However, as you can see from the image below with the trial version of the controls you get this really lovely message.



So with that in mind I set out to find a new control set to use. And here's what I found: ExJs. Why did I choose ExtJS? Firstly, I liked look of their products and secondly they have an awesome site show extensive details on their API.



Besides the ExtJs framework, I've also included the jQuery framework and since jQuery 1.4 was released I've naturally upgraded to that.

Next I'll provides some details on the set I've take and how the ExtJs framework can work with the jQuery framework.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment